These are the overused, trite, and Im-so-sick-of-them phrases. See if this is true for you, too.
1. Win-Win Don’t know the etiology of this, but it sucks.
2. Happy Holidays What the hell is wrong with Merry Christmas? This is a politically correct solution that is insufficient.
3. What’s in Your Wallet? These commercials have outlived their usefulness. Doesn’t the company have enough funds to come up with a new one? I hate it.
4. Ground Zero I’m ready to shoot folks who apply this designation to all kinds of stuff. It demeans the losses of 9-11 and should be eliminated for good.
5. ___gate This one is the worst! Watergate was 44 years ago–1972. And we still continue — delfategate was the latest. Enough already. I bet most folks don’t even know what Watergate was. Let’s bury it.
Thanks for listening to my rant —
And I have a new book out. It’s available on Amazon http://amzn.to/1paxZGH
Annabelle is a quilter and owns a fabric shop where she teaches quilting. Her best customer is an Uptown New Orleans matron who gripes and complains about everything. Among Annabelle’s many dilemmas, she’s pregnant and her husband asked “Is it mine?” Her cousin accused her of sleeping with her husband. Next, her cousin is found dead and the police suspect Annabelle. And she’s being stalked by a crazy relative of a young woman accused of drowning her newborn. What else could go wrong? You’ll have to read it to find out. (-: Isn’t this a great cover.
And here’s one more: ‘Have a nice day’